Friday, September 18, 2009

Fading embers and google threesomes

Drew, Art, and I did some exploring with google chat yesterday. We found a way to three-way conference call using google chat. I also learned how to video chat which means that my webcam may actually get some use. 


Movies
I saw City of Ember tonight and was thoroughly disappointed. I feel like City of Ember could have had a much larger scope but in their attempt to gear it towards children they dumbed it down. The ending was also sort of open-ended... almost as if they were expecting to make a sequel. 


I also watched speed again. It has been a few years since I have seen it. It reminded me that you can be a terrible actor and still be a good action movie star. 


Unfortunately, right now I am watching the Governor of California as Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin. I would be lying if I told you that I didn't want to kick Joel Schumacher in the nuts for what he did to the Batman franchise. Some of the dialog between Batman and Robin reeks of homo-erotic undertones and the nipples on the leather suits are just too much. Every other line is a terrible reference to cold or heat for example "The heat is on" or "Tonight, hell freezes over." 


I guess it isn't really Schumacher's fault. He knows that a superhero is supposed to be the quintessential example of virility and masculinity. To Schumacher that translates to the cheesy, emotionally thick, and over-sexualized Batman that we saw in the movie. 

No comments: