Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Pefect Blossom

Sunday capped a very full and exciting weekend for me. Church was really good and challenging and afterwards we watched the Redskins beat St Louis. After that I napped and checked fantasy football scores until dinner. My mother is trying to learn how to solve a Rubik's cube so tonight I taught her the cross. 


During dinner we met a couple that sat next to us who shared our hatred for Dallas and Virginia Tech. They have been dating for the last 6 years so naturally my mother asked the gentleman in front of his date when they were going to get married. The poor guy looked like someone pantsed him during a joint session of Congress. 


Back at home we watched the Cowboys lose to the Giants in dramatic fashion. It must have been heart breaking for the Cowboys' fans. This idea brings me a lot of personal joy. 


This was a great weekend but next weekend I want a perfect blossom.


Movies
I saw Minority Report and The Last Samauri this weekend and I was pleasantly reminded of Tom Cruise's acting ability. I know that he isn't the most well liked person in the world. His Scientology beliefs don't really help his cause at all but he is a great actor. Those movies are seriously under-rated as well. In the age of sequels Minority Report would have been a prime candidate. It was actually probably a little advanced for its time.


I am a sucker for sci-fi flicks so naturally I am looking forward to Surrogates coming out in theaters next weekend. Is there a better combination than Bruce Willis, Action, and robots?... I think not. 


Sports
This football weekend came really close to being the "perfect blossom" for which I have been searching for years. For those unfamiliar with the inner workings of my mind, the provided the conditions for a perfect blossom below.


Redskins win
Cowboys lose
Patriots lose
Georgia Tech wins 
UGA loses
ND loses
USC loses


On top of these conditions I must win all of my fantasy football games for the weekend. Here is how I did this week.


Redskins win
Cowboys lose
Patriots lose
Georgia Tech loses
UGA wins
ND lose
USC lose


Currently, I am winning in all three of my fantasy leagues. In one league I have already won and in the other two I have substantial leads going into Monday. We were really close this weekend and even though we didn't quite achieve the blossom, it was very satisfying watching the Cowboys lose a heart-breaker in their home opener in the new stadium. Jerry Jones looked pissed and Wade Phillips looked like someone stole his cookies. Today was a good day. 

No comments: